Wednesday, August 19, 2009

wacky wednesdays.

I took a test for the L.A. Dept. of Health today. Apparently they liked my application for the Spanish Medical Interpreter position so they called me in for a test. I showed up at the office along with 15 other women and possibly one dude, (not that he was possibly a dude, but there was at least one dude there, maybe two, who cares, anyway) we line up and are taken into the room and are handed an exam. My exam consisted of a 2 paragraph medical consent form in English. I was given 30 minutes to translate it into Spanish. A breeze, right? Well not really. I totally choked. Not completely but on the last sentence which said something to the effect of "...will be deemed advisable". How do you say deemed in Spanish??!! I was screwed. I tried to B.S. my way out of it so we'll see if I get called back for the second exam. The second exam is a verbal exam which will be a breeze because that's what I used to do when I worked for the hospital. ANYWAY after that I went to work and asked myself why I did. I had just come back to work after a few days away and things at work are a little odd lately. We got new CEO and she's moving shit around. "Restructuring". OK i just lost my train of thought. BBL.

No comments: