Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Strange Days...
So the weather is kinda weird lately in L.A. either way too hot or cold and soupy. There's been a few small earthquakes in the last 24 hours, and the mood is kinda weird. I'm happy summer is coming but today I got news that my dad is not feeling well. He had a stroke last summer and he has not followed doctors orders, so the inevitable is happening. I spoke to my sister and she says he's been tired and sleeping all day which is very out of character. He keeps telling my mom weird things like "oh well, I'm gonna die soon, so I may as well keep doing what I do", etc. He's been saying he feels like it's his time to go. He's been having weird dreams and just acting weird. So what I can do? I am 90 minutes away from my parents and I can either A)try and go over there and cheer him up b) try and get him to change his ways, c) keep living life as he has kept living his. All of this is sad but I also feel like over the past year I have somewhat mentally prepared myself for being dad-less. If he's not happy, if he's not feeling well, and if he truly is suffering, I say let him be. Life is short and we live it how we want, for ourselves and no one else. No one lives with the consequences of our decisions but ourselves. Of course it's sad. But what can I do? My sister already has a party planned for this Saturday so that he can spend time with his friends and we can "enjoy our time with him now". She's really convinced he's going to die, and soon. To make matters worse my mom's psychic friend warned her about an upcoming death that would be very tough on her. Yeah this woman knows my mom well it's not like she called Dionne Warwick or Miss Cleo. This woman straight up warned her, and my extra superstitious mom and sister are really taking this seriously. I kinda broke down at work today and started to cry and my coworkers were caught completely by surprise but they were very understanding. I cried (not because of the psychic) but because of the thought of my dad suffering through strokes and my mom having to watch the man she loves fall apart. I get stressed out thinking about it. So much is going on lately. School, family stuff, everyday stress, my own health issues, and a long awaited vacation I may not enjoy because I will be thinking about my family the entire time. Getting through all of these adult type emotions is tough when your heart is young and weak. I am doing my best to stay positive and take things one a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment