Tuesday, October 9, 2007

dancing, happy birthday, morrissey, gift card, day off

So friday we kicked off birthday weekend! Friday Jesse, Raul, and I went to the arclight to see the Darjeeling Limited. I liked it because it was Wes Anderson visuals but I didn't like it because it wasn't enough Wes Anderson writing. Not enough punchlines. This one was of the serious tone. The soundtrack was good as always. This time he opted for mostly Kinks and Indian tunes.
SATURDAY! We went to the Detour festival and caught the comedians of comedy (hilarious!), kinky, lots of dj sets, and JUSTICE! we danced like it was 1999! I really had an ass load of fun. Sunday, birthday brunch with the kids @HOME. I love that place. Jesse gets boyfriend of the year for being awesome and really going out of his way for me on a day when i realized that i will soon be out of my 20's, I was missing my family, and i was PMS'ing.
Birthday weekend was a 4 day weekend this year because last night I saw what was probably my 3rd favorite Morrissey performance ever! The Castro's and I sang the night away at the Palladium, and yes he played Tomorrow, The Loop, and "Rucky Risp". Morrissey still gives me the chills and makes me giddy like a 14 year old in the quad.
Work is still good, and this week i get friday off since we get a day off on our birthday (boner!) and since my birthday was on sunday they let me choose any day of the week. SO since friday is payday, and I have a buttload of gift cards to use friday will be my day off!
Today Kelly and I started a walking routine which will hopefully turn into a jogging routine. On thursday, I will help Stacey find a home, in the Valley. It's not as bad as people say it is.

No comments: