Wednesday, December 26, 2007

sicko

I'm totally sick at work and it sucks. What sucks more is that I don't have sick time yet. I have accrued it but I can't use it until 3 more months pass. So here I sit, browsing for trocadero bags and foodie podcasts when i should be compiling stats.
I'm glad Christmas is over, but I am not glad I'm back in L.A. and all the family is home in San Diego. I was barely starting to enjoy my time when next thing I knew it was time to pack the rabbit up with bags and clean laundry. This Christmas was good. Less sad as the 2 previous ones but yet a little bit of a downer. I managed to get gifts for everyone even the unexpected guests. I got to spend the day with my pals. I got to see both Alyssa and Paola and laugh about old times and new circumstances. It's refreshing to know that know matter how much the time makes me crazy i have good friends to bring me sanity.
I got some pretty awesome gifts too. I got make up, lottery tickets, the iMac, the MLK Bible!! and a pin from the protests' back in the 60's... hullo!! best gift hands down, next to the iMac of course, sorry pal. I got a purse, some cash, chocolate, candles, and i even treated myself to a massage yesterday. Ugh it was wonderful. Too bad I feel like major turd right now.
Tomorrow everyone takes off for Vegas for my mom's bday and if it's all good with Jesse I will probably go too. I tell Jesse he should come but he says he may burn himself out and he is on his much deserved and needed vacation so I won't even beg him to come with me, but I will ask him once more (that'll be like the 12th time).
Next week we should be heading out to the Echo for new years and it will be a good time. I need to dance. I want to surround myself with happy dancing folks this new years eve. 2008 is going to be about getting my shit back together and becoming more positive. By my shit I mean, my health, my sanity, my work ethic, my relationships, my sleep, myself. Last year I said I would take things one day at a time, and not worry so much and i did a good job at those but not as good as I would have liked to.
Being positive is something that seems extremely foreign but it really shouldn't be. I have been reading the Autobiography of a Yogi and it really is opening my eyes up to a lot of things such as the power of positive thought. It all sounds corny but it works. fer real. Enough with being sad already, i'm fucken 27 not 17 anymore and life is too short to wear a long face all the time. Al mal tiempo buena cara.

No comments: